My wife Tesco BM10 electric bread maker after using for 3 years plus, suddenly the drive shaft malfunction and not moving accordingly with noisy sound.
When I check the bread maker bottom, many plastic debris came out, I suspect the drive shaft belt/pulley worn out.
To replace the belt is quite simple:
- Take out the pan and the kneading paddle. Reverse the maker. Removes 6 screws. (*2 middle special screws)
2. Reverse the maker again, open the cover, unscrew all the bottom screws and 1 side screw holding the heating element, grab the edge of the metal interior and lift up evenly.
4. Unscrew and flip over the drive shaft, and u will see the broken belt.
5. The belt is totally melt and need to clean up.
6. Once cleaned up, hook up new belt and reassemble back everything. *Hook the belt on small gear first, then only hook on the big pulley wheel, keep rotate the big pulley wheel until the belt get in completely.
The belt is not very hard to replace and cost around RM20+/- only. Thus, u can try replace it without buying a new bread maker.
The parts can be purchase via below Shopee or Lazada:
How to replace belt video for others model, work for bread maker with similar design.
Morphy Richards 48290 *Shortcut way to cut out the bottom cover & direct reach the belting part!!!
Panasonic SD 2500/2501