Medusa, the Gorgon, is a ranged agility hero. Highly item-dependent, she acts as a carry who can potentially strike down entire teams at once while protected by tank-like survivability. Split Shot allows her attacks to hit multiple targets, greatly increasing the potency of damage-granting items. Mystic Snake grants Medusa some presence in the lane and skirmishes, and its mana stealing refunds part of the cost to boot, making it an excellent farming and harassing tool. Mana Shield protects her from the opening damage of teamfights, and if supplemented with items makes killing Medusa a fatally time-consuming process. Stone Gaze acts as a fantastic defensive mechanism against ganks and initiations alike, with crippling effects on all who dare face the Gorgon.
1. Split Shot – Medusa magically splits her shot into several arrows. These arrows deal a lower percent of her normal damage.
The extra targets will not receive other attack effects (such as critical strike).
2. Mystic Snake – A mystic snake made of energy jumps from target to target dealing damage. After it reaches its last target, it returns to Medusa to replenish her with mana. The snake deals more damage per jump and returns 11%/14%/17%/20% mana based on the targets’ total mana.
3. Mana Shield – Creates a shield that absorbs 70% of incoming damage in exchange for Medusa’s mana. Provides bonus mana capacity.
4. Cold Blooded – When Medusa is targeted with a spell, a single-target Mystic Snake is sent back towards the enemy. *Requires Aghanim’s Shard to be unlocked.
5. Stone Gaze – Any enemy units looking at Medusa will have their movement and attack speed slowed. If 2 seconds of total time is accumulated looking at Medusa while Stone Gaze is active, that unit will turn to stone. Petrified units are stunned, and take bonus physical damage.