Kardel Sharpeye, the Sniper, is a ranged agility hero who excels at dealing moderate to heavy damage from an incredible range. With no escape mechanism, poor mobility, and a low health pool, Sniper is exceptionally frail at all stages of the game and vulnerable to enemies who confront him head-on. However, his abilities provide him both the means to keep his distance and systematically destroy his enemies from afar. Shrapnel is a potent, high-cast range zoning ability that provides vision for Sniper while slowing and damaging enemies in its area of effect; with up to 3 charges on the ability, Sniper can completely close off any viable routes for his opponents to approach or escape. Headshot supplements Sniper’s right-click damage and briefly pushes the enemy away, which can be quite crippling for approaching enemies since it has a high rate of occurring. His third ability, Take Aim, gives him the largest attack range of any hero in the game, allowing him to deal high DPS from a safe distance while also giving him the ability to never miss and proc more Headshots, ensuring the enemy cannot contest him from afar. Finally, Assassinate is a strong finishing and harassing ability, dealing hefty damage to an enemy from an enormous distance after a brief aiming period. Sniper is heavily item-dependent, relying on means to increase his survivability as well as his damage output as the game progresses. Skilled players will find that positioning is the most important thing to keep in mind when playing both as him or against him.
1. Shrapnel – Consumes a charge to launch a ball of shrapnel that showers the target area in explosive pellets. Enemies are subject to damage and slowed movement. Reveals the targeted area. Shrapnel charges restore every 35 seconds.
2. Headshot – Sniper increases his accuracy, giving him a chance to deal extra damage and briefly knocks back his enemies.
3. Take Aim – Extends the attack range of Sniper’s rifle. Can be activated to provide 100% Headshot chance for 3 seconds. Slows you by 45% for the duration.
4. Concussive Grenade – Grants Concussive Grenade. Deals 125 damage, knocking enemies back 475 distance, slowing them by 50% and disarming them for 3 seconds. Radius: 375. Knocks you back 475 units on cast.
***Require Aghanim’s Shard to be unlocked.
5. Assassinate – Sniper locks onto a target enemy unit and, after a short aiming duration, fires a devastating shot that deals damage at long range and mini-stuns the target.