To check Streamyx line condition, we can login to the modem by typing the IP address of the Gateway (e.g 192.168.1.1). Of course, u need login & password to access the modem configuration… Check out the default logins for most of the Streamyx modem…
This is my Streamyx Internet Info on Dlink 2640B wireless router modem:
SNR Mrgin (AKA Signal to Noise Margin or Signal to Noise Ratio)
Relative strength of the DSL signal to Noise ratio. 6dB is the lowest dB manufactures specify for modem to be able to sync. In some instances interleaving can help raise the noise margin to an acceptable level. The higher the number the better for this measurement.
- 6dB or below is bad and will experience no sync or intermittent sync problems
- 7dB-10dB is fair but does not leave much room for variances in conditions
- 11dB-20dB is good with no sync problems
- 20dB-28dB is excellent
- 29dB or above is outstanding
* This data indicates the phone wiring condition, if wiring not good, the value will be very low.
Measure of how much the signal has degraded between the DSLAM and the modem. Maximum signal loss recommendation is usually about 60dB. The lower the dB the better for this measurement.
- 20dB and below is outstanding
- 20dB-30dB is excellent
- 30dB-40dB is very good
- 40dB-50dB is good
- 50dB-60dB is poor and may experience connectivity issues
- 60dB or above is bad and will experience connectivity issues
Downstream/Upstream Line Rate
Indicates the Download/Upload speed.